Monday, April 27, 2009

A Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On




With an unexpected 90 degree weekend bestowed upon the Northeast, they swarmed in droves to the ocean, moi included. And like most on that fine beach day- low humidity, sweet breeze, crisp air, cold, cold, water that just did your soul good, smelling it for the first time, I brought out the sunscreen and slathered up on skin that had not seen the light of day since last July. Beach balls, beach blankets and bikinis.(not me!) But some could not help themselves and the April temps had just not given them those extra weeks toning up to be ready for the season. All in good fun, it was packed- and glorious. Sometimes the urban in sketching is getting away from the urban.

7 comments:

Cathy Gatland said...

Hello Memi - it would be just wonderful to meet up and sketch with you in Johannesburg if that's possible. I will email and give you my details.
These drawings, as all of yours, are fantastic - I'd really love the opportunity to see you at work.
Thanks for getting in touch!

Isabel said...

those sketches are really great I just came from uban to here hoping to see some more you hadn't posted there but quite happy to find them again

memi said...

thanks to both of you...
Isabel, it is something that I a still trying to figure out. I am finding that some friends who used to stop by here, now just go to uSK- is there more visibility there?
I don't know-
Sometimes, I think that people post too many at
USk- what do you think or do?

Lynne the Pencil said...

Great sketches. people-watching heaven!

Adding the blue sky behind reaaly works well.

Ira R said...

Great sketches. I love the color schema. Is it summer already? Yeah and boo both.

memi said...

Lynne-thanks- yes, free models EVERYWHERE!!!!
Ira, I am ready for summer big time..
experimenting with flat digital color...

Ira R said...

ah, digital.. Thus the sharp edge...interesting.