Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sunny, Southern California-NOT!





When I was asked to be one of a panel of judges for the Arts in Fashion competition in LA, it didn't take me but a minute to say "when do I leave?!" With visions of palm trees, surf and sun, I took off, only to spend a grey, cool weekend in LA. No sun, no star sightings, and it was cold... The competition yielded amazing talent, wonderful colleagues and a dinner at a great restaurant, LOUIE, where I spent a few meals, fascinated by the open kitchen and the little army of chefs.

6 comments:

Ira R said...

I love what you did with the pages that have those smaller sketches spanning the bottom. also the white and strong blacks are so effective.

memi said...

Thanks, Ira. That white on cream is getting a lot of attention, but I consider it Schiele inspired...
See you tomorrow!

heidi Younger Illustration said...

I love the energy of the drawings, you really get a sense of the work being done. Sorry about the lack of sun.

4ojos said...

I like this kitchen series. Well done!

memi said...

Thanks, Enrique- for your comment and for coming by!

Nathalie said...

WOW...