Monday, November 30, 2009

Got The Call



Follow your heart. After many years of being a bystander to the annual shows, but an SI supporter nonetheless, I doggedly submitted what I love best to illustrate: reportage. This year, two of my pieces were accepted into the Institutional Category as part of the Society of Illustrators 52nd Annual. They are part of the project that I recently posted, A Sneak Peek. The chop in the corner represents the interpretation of my name, and translated, means "sing." Fitting since, when I draw on location, I do feel like I am singing to the world!

11 comments:

Bri Hermanson said...

Awesome news, Melanie! It could not be more well-deserved.

These drawings are gorgeous and so wonderfully engaging. I absolutely love them!

Ira R said...

Congratulations!

Stephen Gardner said...

That is truly great news Melanie. Congratulations.

memi said...

Thanks so much, guys! Your comments mean a lot...

gill said...

Hola Melanie!!!...such a nice feeling in my heart and in my memory right now.
I always remember you with love and happiness, thanks for those great drawing clases "moments".
I hope you are well!!!
send you all the love.

Gisselle (from chavon...long time)

p.d. check out my blogs!:))))

memi said...

HOla, Giselle!!!
It was SO great to see your comment on my blog- my Spanish is so rusty, I am not even going to try...

How is your life in Spain?

Your jewelry is beautiful- I wish you success and send you besos!!!

Nathalie said...

:O Melanie you're a monster! (in the best sense of the word!)

Veronica Lawlor said...

Hi Melanie,

Congratulations on the show! And the project! I just stopped by to see what you were up to and was so excited to see it all. Wonderful drawings. Reportage at it's finest! xo Ronnie

Greg Betza said...

Melanie, congratulations these are wonderful. Great blog and keep up the reportage.

Anna Nadler said...

Your ease of line is unmatched!
Your drawings feel a lot like singing, I LOVE these!

Valerio Ventura said...

your work is amazing. V