Saturday, March 20, 2010

Another Working Woman


Continuing my own nod to Womens' History Month, another amazing working woman that I met in my travels.This spice woman is a staple of the Moroccan market in her small sea-side town. It would be easy to overlook her amongst the brightly colored aromatic bags of spices that surround her. Her eyes glisten like the color of fresh mint, and her skin is deepened by the hours of walking to and from the market in the West African sun. She is beautiful, inside and out.

3 comments:

Ira R said...

I love the surround about her. Are these colored on computer? I also love that open window on right side!

memi said...

Thanks, Ira, yes, (a rare bit of ) digital color for me....

Anna Nadler said...

This is beautifully designed, I love the pops of color and line combination!