Wednesday, June 13, 2012

West Coast Beach Bum

Yes, that was me for all of a couple of days after teaching my MFA in Illustration class on the West Coast. My down days started out in high style by meeting up with my Urban Sketchers pals Virginia Hein, Shiho Nakaza from LA, and Don Low from Singapore! Then, a day of pure heaven on the beach for me- it was cool and delicious, cool and breezy , periwinkle skies and sea air and I could barely tear myself out of my beach chair. So, I swiveled about all during the day, and tried to get as many variations from my one-day beach vacation-ahhhh.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your sketches, so glad I was able to get in your Sto Domingo workshop!

memi said...

Wow! that was quick! Thanks, Tracey- Looking forward to meeting you!

Chris Krupa said...

I like your use of line, it conveys so much. Fantastic work. Have you published your illustrations anywhere?

Sephie Rojas said...

Your lines are so raw yet so strong. I love how you sketch what you wanna say :)

Nathaniel Gold said...

These are great. takes me back to LA. I really love these.

VHein said...

Hi Melanie, so nice to visit here...you were certainly productive on your "time off" in Santa Monica! Love them all, and especially that color drawing of the beach with the pier in the distance...it could be a large-scale painting!