Monday, January 16, 2017

Protest Reportage Featured

Thanks to the incredible courtroom and reportage artist, Elizabeth Williams for the feature on Courtroom Illustrated. I am really honored to be in the company of Liz and other impressive artists who know the challenges and the thrills of drawing on location, capturing the message and the emotion of what is front of us. This is a perfect prelude to what is to come this weekend in Washington. I'll be heading to the march with 200,000 of my sisters- and some brothers, too. Speak up and keep at it. Dignity, kindness, compassion, health and peace is at risk for the ugly, racist, backwards thinking that has emerged with this new administration. NO!!!!!

2 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Congrats on the feature!!! Great reportage sketch. Hope to be able to sketch the march in NYC on Saturday...I'm pondering what supplies to bring with me that can be used easily in a crowd.

memi said...

Thanks, Joan. My advice: travel light with only a few choices...