Sunday, January 22, 2017

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?!

Though there is more scanning to do, I needed to shout today, I feel so empowered, so much a part of the MILLIONS of women- and the men who love them, came out in record numbers around the globe to speak to our inherent rights and those who want to dismiss them.
What a day. I marched in Washington DC, and was overcome with emotion the entire day. I drew my way through most of the day- walking, talking, chanting, singing, loving and smiling. Still smiling.
I am going to let my drawings do the talking. More to come.





5 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

These are great, Melanie! You must be good at walking and drawing. I couldn't balance anything. lol It was such an emotional, empowering experience to take part in the march.

memi said...

Thanks, Joan.. Well, I have a little practice doing it..LOL....
It was a great day!

Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

Awesome sketches. I did the same thing here but our rally in Augusta was tiny in comparison. Still wonderful to
Go.

Osagegypsy said...

love your drawings! Thank you for reporting your experience!

memi said...

Thank you, Margaret and Osagegypsy! Margaret, every body and voice counts! Go Augusta!