Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Keeping your faith, baby!




Whatever it may be, the ritual is always moving and awe inspiring.

At the Wong Tai Sin Temple in Hong Kong,
the smell of incense sweetened the air and the smoke created a haze of humbleness as scores of people thronged to make their offerings.

Oddly enough, I did not go unnoticed, and as I was drawing, became embarassingly, somewhat of an attraction myself.
I am, along with my journal images, part of the photo diary of many visitors, posing first with the husbands and then with the wives. Go figure.

6 comments:

Ira R said...

these are inspiring. are paintings even more than sketches. I love the wash and line combinations and the compositions in these images are so rich.

Anna Nadler said...

Wow, imagine that! You did so well under pressure though Melanie, truly truly fun!

memi said...

Thank you, Ira.
What a lovely comment-
it was mesmerizing.

thanks, Anna, for checking in-
not much can deter me whne presented with an opportunity such as this!

Ira R said...

Bonne Annee Melanie!

Unknown said...

Mel, I have been to Wong Dai Sin many many times with my grandma us a child. beautiful drawings. I also love all those dogs sketches .
keep going .

memi said...

Kam, now I know why I felt so inspired there. It was very moving- thanks so much!!!